Lice control can be done for two reasons:
- In order to check for lice (i.e. checking for their presence, which can be done on dry or wet hair)
- In order to fight lice (i.e. comb the lice and their eggs out of your hair, which should be done with conditioner)
The rest of this article is about combing to control lice.
We recommend the lice combs and conditioner above because they are the most effective products on the market
Lice control with conditioner
Lice combing with conditioner is the best alternative to lice repellentsbut it takes time, patience and effort. That's why it's important to get it right.
A bad lice comb makes combing difficult and ineffective. In the worst case scenario, it won't catch lice and their eggs at all. Similarly, a bad conditioner can make lice treatment more difficult than it needs to be.
That's why it's very important to choose the right comb and use it with a good comb conditioner. We recommend the products below:
Clinic lice comb
Loop combWe recommend the Clinic Lice Comb because it is effective and easy to use.
Effective combing in 3 steps
Make sure you have all the necessary items ready before you get started:
- A good lice comb or lice comb set
- A regular comb
- Comb balm (lice balm)
- A towel (to continuously clean the combs of lice and eggs)
- A towel or tea towel (to cover the shoulders of the person being treated)
- Hair clips (to hold your hair in place if it's long)
- Possibly a bowl for dead lice and eggs
2. Comb balm
Rub the combing conditioner into your hair (see instructions on the conditioner packaging). Make sure your hair is soaked with conditioner from the roots to the ends.
If you haven't used enough conditioner, lice will still be able to move around. Conversely, if you use too much conditioner, it will be difficult to see the lice.
- Hair sections: Divide the hair into sections with clear boundaries; this way, combing becomes systematic so you don't forget or miss parts of the hair and scalp.
- Regular combStart by combing through your hair with a regular comb to remove knots, tangles, etc.
- Loop comb: Insert the lice comb along the scalp under one section of hair and then lift upwards and then outwards (away from your body) in one motion. Dry the lice comb in the towel after each combing.
- WashingWash your hair with a regular shampoo or, if you prefer, the lice prevention shampoo below.
Once the combing is done, you can apply Linicin Prevent Shampoobecause it prevents lice infestation and thereby reduces the risk of reinfestation
Video: How to comb effectively
In the video below you can see how to comb lice effectively:
How does comb balm work?
Comb balm is also known as lice balm and has several functions in relation to lice control:
- PassivationWhen rubbing the conditioner into the hair, it passivates the lice so they can't move. Lice can usually move quickly up and down the hair shafts, as well as crawl from hair strand to hair strand. When soaked in conditioner, lice lose their mobility, making combing much easier.
- Through rescueThe conditioner makes it easier to comb through your hair, which is handy when combing for lice and eggs. It's like combing through wet hair; it's also easier to comb than dry hair.
There is a big difference between the types of comb conditioners you buy; some are based on chemical agents, while others contain only natural ingredients. Similarly, some are no more effective than water, while others are significantly more effective.
Comparison of lice balm
Below you will find a comparison of three types of lice balm. The comparison is based on the products:
- Efficiency and effectiveness
Each conditioner has been given a star rating (★).
Linicin Comb Balm ★★★★★
Linicin Comb Balm is a quality product that makes lice control much easier. It is paraben and fragrance free and can be used by adults and children alike.
The balm is based on essential oils (Madacamia Ternifolia Seed Oil and Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil).
Nova TTO comb conditioner ★★★★☆
Nova TTO comb conditioner is one of the best conditioners on the market. It effectively encapsulates lice and eggs so they can be easily removed with a lice comb. In addition, it also nourishes the hair.
The conditioner is based on macadamia nut, peppermint, chamomile and avocado extracts.
SkinOcare comb set ★★☆☆☆
The SkinOcare comb set consists of two parts: a comb conditioner and a close comb. The balm contains no parabens or perfume.
The price is acceptable as you get both a lice comb and a conditioner, but the quality of both products is low.